- Your Government
- Committees, Boards & Commissions
- Highway & Transportation Committee
Highway & Transportation Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
The most current minutes are presented as "unapproved" until they are approved at the successive committee meeting.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Doug Erickson, Member
- Brian Ernst, Member
- Mark Kyle, Member
- Larry Palecek, Chairperson
- Jordan Spacek, Member
Additional Committee InformationThis committee shall consist of five (5) members of the County Board elected to serve two-year terms starting the third Tuesday in April in each even numbered year. Members shall be from the following districts:
a. One (1) County Board Supervisor from the north, representing Districts 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10
b. One (1) County Board Supervisor from the central area, representing Districts 8, 9, 11 and 13
c. One (1)County Board Supervisor from the south, representing Districts 2, 4, 6 and 12
d. Two (2) County Board Supervisors from at large.
Roles and responsibilities of the committee:
Review and approve monthly expenditures for the Highway and Airport Departments.
1. Perform all duties prescribed by Wisconsin State Statute §83.015(2)(b).
2. Review receipts, purchases and disbursements made with county, state, or federal highway funds.
3. Perform such other duties as required by order or resolution passed by the County Board.
4. Review the planning, operation and maintenance of airport facilities, equipment and grounds.
5. Serve as liaison on airport matters between Price County and the State and Federal government, and its agencies.
6. Policy decisions regarding Price County owned dams named as: Jobes, Musser, Prentice, Sailor Creek Flowage, Solberg and Murray (Weimers).
7. Review and approve monthly expenditures.
8. Maintenance of structures and dikes on aforesaid dams.
9. Control of water levels of flowages relating to the aforesaid dams.
10. Acts as liaison between Price County and the Department of Natural Resources in all matters regarding Price County dams.
11. The development and maintenance of an emergency response plan for emergency situations regarding dams operation and flood control for Price County owned dams.
12. Oversight and recommendation of capital projects and allocation of funding to support such projects.