News Flash Home
The original item was published from 1/19/2015 1:53:53 PM to 1/19/2015 2:04:48 PM.
Inmate Rules & Regulations
Posted on: January 19, 2015
[ARCHIVED] Housing Regulations
- Cell assignments may not be changed without permission from staff.
- Beds and cots must be made from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Allowances will be made for Huber inmates working late shifts.
- Huber inmates must clean their area and make their bed prior to leaving for work each day.
- All cells will be mopped, swept and sanitized on Tuesday evenings and Saturday during the day.
- Each and every inmate is responsible for the cleanliness and upkeep of their cell and all common areas. Failure to clean these areas may result in disciplinary action or reclassification.
- Mattresses, pillows, linens and blankets must remain on the bed at all times.
- Inmates will not cover any viewing port or otherwise obstruct a Jail Officer's view into any individual cell or into cell blocks.
- Inmates will not drape any blankets, towels or clothing from their bed or cell bars.
- Pictures, papers and/or other articles may not be placed or affixed on the walls, windows, cell bars or lights of individual cells or cell blocks.
- Sitting or standing on tables is prohibited.
- Standing or climbing on bars is prohibited.
- Intentional plugging of sinks or toilets is prohibited. Garbage is to be disposed of properly and not flushed down the toilet.
- Standing on bunks is prohibited.
- Inmates must keep all personal property, Jail issued property and Library materials in their drawer or Jail issued bin.
- Shelves and hooks in day rooms are to be used for linen storage only.
- Drawing or graffiti of any kind on walls, bunks or tables is not allowed.
- No inmate is allowed inside of an individual cell or on the bunk of another inmate for any reason.
- All inmates must remain in their beds after lights out or lock down. The only time an inmate may be out of their bed during these times is to use the bathroom.
- All inmates will remain silent during lights out or lock down.
- Any maintenance issues with cell electrical fixtures, televisions, telephones or plumbing should be promptly reported to staff.
- Each inmate is allowed only one mattress and one pillow unless otherwise authorized by medical staff.