Town of Harmony
Town Boards Members
- Chairman: James Hanson
N6786 Carpenter Creek Rd
Phillips, WI 54555
- Supervisor: Julie DeLasky
N6586 Pioneer Rd
Catawba, WI 54515
- Supervisor: James Kucaba
N5827 Worsech Rd
Catawba, WI 54515
Garbage and Recycling
Garbage and recycling hours at the Town Hall:
- First and third Saturday of the month from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon during the months of October to April.
- Every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon during the months of May to September.
There is a $2.00 per bag for garbage. Recycled items are free. No appliances will be accepted.
OPEN BOOK & BOARD of REVIEW
To view the Open Book and Board of Review schedule, please click here.
Location: Harmony Town Hall W9095 Co Rd J
Property Tax Collection
The town has contracted with Price County Treasurer to collect all real estate and personal property taxes.
Tax Payments to Price County
1. By mail to: Town of Harmony C/o Price County Treasurer, 126 Cherry St Phillips, WI 54555
2. In Person: Room 105, Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
3. Drop box located on west side of Courthouse near handicap parking
4. Online through Point and Pay Pay Price County
- January 31 - 25% first installment, or 50% or Full payment postmarked by January 31
- April 30 - 25% 2nd installment postmarked by April 30
- July 31 - 25% 3rd installment postmarked no later than July 31
- April Payment Due List
- July Payment Due Report
Missed or Late Payment
If any installment payment is missed or not paid by due date:
- The entire unpaid balance of taxes becomes delinquent and subject to 1.5% per month interest/penalty retroactive to February 1
- Option to pay in installments is lost.
- Pursuant to Wisconsin Statute Section 74.47, interest and penalty of 1.5% per month on the whole unpaid balance and will be charged from February 1 regardless of when the tax due becomes delinquent. No matter what installment is missed, the total unpaid balance becomes due and payable and is subject to interest and penalty from February 1 option to pay in installments is lost.
- Interest and penalty cannot be waived except for postal error
PAYMENT is TIMELY when:
- Mailed in a properly addressed envelope
- Postmarked on or before the due date of January 31, July 31, postage prepaid or paid online
- Received by proper treasurer(in hand) within 5 days after the due date of January 31, July 31.
- Online payments initiated by January 31, July 31 with credit card, debit card and E-check . It takes 3 days for payment to arrive at the bank (in our hands).
- If you choose to use your bank's BILL PAY option, be aware that these checks are mailed from out of state by third party processors without a postmark. The confirmation information from the bank is not acceptable proof of a timely payment. We must have an envelope with a postmark or letter from the post office to prove the payment was mailed by January 31 & July 31st and a postal delay is responsible for late payment per WI Statute 74.69
- Payment must be received within 5 business days of January 31 & July 31 to be considered timely.
WI Stats 74.69(1) states "Whenever any one of the due dates is missed, the entire remaining balance becomes due subject to interest & penalty calculated back to February 1 at the rate of 1.5% per month until tax is paid".
- Pursuant to Wisconsin Statute Section 74.47, interest and penalty of 1.5% per month on the whole unpaid balance until paid and will be charged from February 1 regardless of when tax becomes delinquent. Option to pay in installments is lost.
February interest is 1.5%, March 3%, April 4.5%, August 10.5% etc. WI Stat 74.47, 74.11(11), 74.12(10)