File a Complaint

Employment Discrimination
The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the base of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected by genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities).

Submit A Complaint
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form or at any USDA office, or call 866-632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Director, Office of Adjudication
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Fx: 202-690-7442

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339; or 800-845-6136 (Spanish). For any other information dealing with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at 800-221-5689, which is also in Spanish or find the appropriate phone number for state information / hotline numbers.
State Level Complaint
Wisconsin Department of Public Health
Affirmative Action / Civil Rights Compliance
1 W. Wilson
Room 555
Madison, WI 53707-7850
Ph: 608-266-9327
Ph: 888-701-1251 (TTY)
Federal Level Complaint
Director, Office of Adjudication
1400 Independence Ave. SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Ph: 866-632-9992
Ph: 800-877-8339 (hearing impaired)
Ph: 800-845-6136 (Spanish)