Timm’s Hill County Park
Highest Point in Wisconsin (1951.5 ft) – 220-acre Park |W3206 County Road RR, east of Ogema. | www.timmshilltrail.com
Timm’s Hill, the highest geographical point in Wisconsin, is nestled in the southeastern part of Price County near Ogema. At 1951.5 feet above sea level, the Hill and its accompanying park offer many scenic and recreational opportunities.
The park is bordered by Timm’s Lake to the north and Bass Lake to the south. Both springfed lakes exceed depths of 30 feet. A public fishing pier and beach are located on Bass Lake. Both lakes boast bass and panfish.
Timm’s Hill County Park is forested mainly with sugar maple, ash, basswood, and white birch. A truly spectacular show of color can be seen in September and October.
The park’s facilities include an observation tower, walking and cross country ski trails, picnic shelter, playground, well and toilets. A monument to early area settlers is located near the parking area.
Snowmobile trails run adjacent to the park and county recommended bike and auto tours pass through the park. The Timm’s Hill Trail, a non-motorized connecting trail to the famed Ice Age Trail system, can be accessed within the park.
Location: W3206 County Road RR, Ogema, WI – Hwy. 13 to Ogema, 5 miles east on Hwy. 86, south about a ½ mile on County C, then east about ½ mile on County Road RR. View Map (pdf).
Description: The park gate is open 7:30am-9:30pm approx. May through October. Bass Lake is completely surrounded by park property, as well as half the shoreline on Timm’s Lake. The entire area is heavily forested with northern hardwoods and is spectacular during the fall color season. See Park Map (pdf).
- 30-foot observation tower
- open air shelter w/electricity (to reserve call 715-339-6371 – fee required)
- picnic tables & grills
- pressure water (faucet & drinking fountain), mid-April through mid- to late-October, weather permitting
- fishing pier
- boat landing
- swimming beach
- play equipment
- vault toilets
- cross-country ski and showshoe trails
- snowmobile and winter ATV trails
- paved road and parking area
- hiking trails, including Timm’s Hill National Ice Age Trail and a trail to the observation tower
- Pets must be under control or on a leash at all times. Pets not allowed near swimming area or in buildings.